Pages

Email

Feel free to email us at AtoZappa@gmail.com

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

"The Night Santa Went Crazy" - Weird Al Yankovich




Weird Al is the quintessential parody artist. A career spanning over 30 years, longer than most of the artists he has parodied, Weird Al has achieved notoriety out of an accordion and the ability to hilariously parody any genre, as well as write his own original songs. When trying to pick a song from his vast catalog, I had to think long and hard. The easy choice would have been "Amish Paradise", which was his biggest hit, but I strayed from his hits to go with my personal favorite song, "The Night Santa Went Crazy".

"The Night Santa Went Crazy" is a parody of "Black Gold" by Soul Asylum with a touch of "Mama, I'm Coming Home" by Ozzy Osbourne. It tells the tale of Santa snapping and going on a murdering spree. Weird Al states that after all these years Santa realizes he has gotten the raw deal and can no longer withstand Christmas. He goes on to murder elves and reindeer and is eventually captured by the FBI and imprisoned for 700 years.

I have always loved this song ever since I was a little kid and to this very day I still get a great big smile on my face when it comes on. So, what is your favorite Weird Al song?

No comments:

Post a Comment