Pages

Email

Feel free to email us at AtoZappa@gmail.com

Monday, December 23, 2013

"Okay I Believe You, but My Tommy Gun Don't" by Brand New




Brand New are not an easy band to listen to.  Their lyrics are intense and the sheer emotion you hear in Jesse Lacey's voice is a bit much to handle at times.  They've evolved quite a bit since their early days and have gotten darker with each album.  I happen to love everything they've done (with the exception of their 1st album) but my favorite album will likely always be Deja Entendu and my favorite song will likely always be "Okay I Believe You, but My Tommy Gun Don't".  I love the way the song slowly builds until it reaches an intense climax.  I love the biting, arrogant lyrics.  I love the overall tone and I love Jesse's brilliant vocal delivery.  This is not a happy song, not by any stretch of the imagination, but it makes me happy every time I hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment