Pages

Email

Feel free to email us at AtoZappa@gmail.com

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

"Bad Habit" by The Offspring


You Stupid Dumbshit Goddamn Mother Fucker!!!!!!!!!! Those words changed my entire life. I first heard this song when I was 8 years old over the summer at my friend Scott Freifield's house, when he put on a tape. I had no idea what I was in for. The tape clicks play and you hear this "Ahhhh It's time to relax and you know what that means, a glass of wine, your favorite easy chair, and of course this compact disc playing and your home stereo. So go on, indulge yourself, that's right, kick off your shoes, put your feet up, lean back and just enjoy the melodies. After all, music soothes even the savage beasts". These are the opening words to Smash

I had no idea what I was in for, but I knew I was in for something. The second track "Nitro" really hooked me with its drum beat and fast paced guitars, but it wasn't until track three that my ears would be blown off. "Bad Habit" describes a man's journey in his car and the terrible road rage he has for thee other drivers on the road. This is a song we can all relate to because everyone has a little road rage. However, as an 8 year old kid I had no idea what the song was about. All I just knew was there was cursing and a type of music I had never heard before. 

To say I was hooked would be an understatement. I was in love with a new kind of music and a new band. That summer I went on to discover Green Day and further expand my dive into Punk music. I owe it all to those 6 words because without them I would not have the musical taste I have today.

No comments:

Post a Comment