Pages

Email

Feel free to email us at AtoZappa@gmail.com

Monday, January 13, 2014

"Aces High" by Iron Maiden




A few months ago, I went skydiving with 5 friends.  We had a 30 minute car ride from our hotel to the skydiving center, giving each of us enough time to play 1 song of our choice.  Well, if I'm about to jump out of a plane for the first time, there's only one band I want to listen to beforehand - Iron Maiden.  I chose "Aces High" for several reasons: the lyrics are very fitting (it's about piloting a fighter plane), it's very fast paced and exciting, it makes me happy, and it's my all-time favorite Iron Maiden song off my all-time favorite Iron Maiden album, Powerslave.  Anytime I'm in a bad mood (or scared shitless at the prospect of jumping out of a plane), I reach for these metal masters and they cheer me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment