Pages

Email

Feel free to email us at AtoZappa@gmail.com

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

"Fainting Spells" by A.F.I.




I have been an A.F.I. fan since Black Sails in the Sunset. I don't think there has been a punk band that has grown in the way they have. Back during the Black Sails days, A.F.I. was considered an underground punk band at the forefront of the punk scene. Nowadays A.F.I. is considered one of the premier commercial punk bands enjoying mainstream success. Throughout their growth of popularity, A.F.I. has stayed true to their sound. With Davey's mesmerizing voice and complex lyrics along with Jade's catchy riffs, A.F.I. always brings their A game to every record.

Amazingly enough, "Fainting Spells" is technically not on a record. It is a B-side from the Decemberunderground recording sessions and was released as a bonus track on the deluxe edition of Crash Love.

I am going to go out on a limb and proclaim that "Fainting Spells" would be the best song on both Crash Love and Decemberunderground. This is to not say that those albums are bad - actually, quite the contrary, as both are very good - but "Fainting Spells" is just an incredible song. It is a catchy, hard rocking song that deserves to be celebrated by all fans of the band.

No comments:

Post a Comment