Pages

Email

Feel free to email us at AtoZappa@gmail.com

Friday, January 17, 2014

John Williams Appreciation Day




"The Throne Room/End Title"

In my humble opinion nothing says motion picture scores like Star Wars. Since I am picking the quintessential movie, I might as well pick the quintessential movie score. This leads me to "The Throne Room/End Title", which is the final scene of Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope. For those of you who have never seen Star Wars, please do yourself a favor and go see it. For those of you who have seen it you should know exactly the scene I am talking about. Whether you have or have not seen the movies I am sure we can all agree that this is an absolutely gorgeous piece by one of the greatest musical writers of all time.

- Josh




"Theme from Jaws"

Two notes. That's all it really was. Back and forth, dun dun, dun dun, dun dun. Yet, nothing screamed "impending doom" better than the "Main Title" from "Jaws." My parents said people were literally leaping out of their seats in suspense when they saw "Jaws" in theaters and in my opinion, the music is the main reason why.

- Chris




"Theme from Jurassic Park"

I'm not sure there's a more majestic movie moment than when the main theme to "Jurassic Park" first appears in the film.  It's beautiful, it's magical, it makes me want to cry tears of joy.  As a standalone track, I can listen to this 10 times in a row and still want more.  John Williams is a master at stirring up emotions with his music and I think this is his finest achievement of all.

- Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment