Pages

Email

Feel free to email us at AtoZappa@gmail.com

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

"I Love the Sound of Breaking Glass" by Nick Lowe




There's nothing I love more than expertly played pop music with an edge, with a decided quirkiness. That's exactly what Nick Lowe does on his ridiculously eclectic album, "Jesus of Cool," and I couldn't be happier I finally decided to give him a listen last week. I could've picked any of the songs on this brilliant album, but this is the tune that made my ears perk up and pay attention. Not only is it exceedingly catchy, the musicianship is top notch, especially the basslines and the piano fills and solo. I urge anyone who's into well-constructed pop tunes to give this guy a spin - I can't wait to listen to more of his stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment